From this video, you will learn about the top grading companies in the sports card industry: PSA, BGS, SGC, and CGC. Scott discusses the things he likes and dislikes about each company, including their slab designs, grading scales, value, transparency, turnaround times, and other factors. He also shares his recommendations on which types of cards are suitable for grading with each company. By watching this video, you will gain insights into the different grading options available and their respective strengths and weaknesses.
Here's a summary:
- Likes: Simplistic slabs, straightforward grading scale, high value, digital grade reveal feature, extensive population report.
- Dislikes: Slabs can damage cards, inconsistent slab orientation for horizontal cards, inconsistent use of inner sleeves, long turnaround times, inconsistent graders, up charges for high-value cards.
- Likes: Attractive label design, protection of inner sleeve, good for thick cards, black labels, subgrades, can overgrade specific issues.
- Dislikes: Font and spacing inconsistencies, subgrades can be inconsistent, grading scale can be confusing, least agile grading company, glare on photos.
- Likes: Great for vintage grading, transparent company with good turnaround times, free autograph grades.
- Dislikes: Slabs feel cheap, black bordering not always preferred, not great for crack out grading, slabs are tall and wide, less suitable for modern sports card grading.
- Likes: Excellent slab clarity, quality feel of the slab, primary grader in other collectible industries, future potential in the sports card industry, holograms for anti-counterfeiting.
- Dislikes: Market share is behind other grading companies, changes in grading scale and slab design have caused mixed reactions, charging for autograph grades.
Scott also mentions the types of cards he would grade with each company, such as modern, vintage, thick cards, and PC cards.
Overall, Scott provides his personal preferences and experiences with each grading company, noting the pros and cons of each.